The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think they will be plants in there at the summer or spring? and maybe some driftwood and stuff that i could pull out of the water and use?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Lately, there's been joggers, etc. beaten up in Flushing Meadow Park. I don't recall them being caught...

Just a word of caution, be careful.

I don't think there's plants out there currently, the other day driving by on the Van Wyck...parts of the lake's surface was still frozen. :icon_eek:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i know i went by there today it was white frozen, lol this whole week been like the 10s, =/ this world is a horrible place now.. i remeber like ten years ago it was a nice park with bicycles and fishes and no pollution lots of pondsnails and good water everything was so nice back then in the 1990s, now its looks like ***** for real.. everything was so green and peaceful now it looks scary

·
Registered
6 Posts
yea i know i went by there today it was white frozen, lol this whole week been like the 10s, =/ this world is a horrible place now.. i remeber like ten years ago it was a nice park with bicycles and fishes and no pollution lots of pondsnails and good water everything was so nice back then in the 1990s, now its looks like ***** for real.. everything was so green and peaceful now it looks scary
Wow, I havent been in there in a long time. I live only like 10 mins from there walking. Is it really that bad there now? Where did they have the pond?

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
do you think they will be plants in there at the summer or spring? and maybe some driftwood and stuff that i could pull out of the water and use?
No, everything there is immersed and full of urban filth.
the best places in the Northeast for plants and wood
will be rural running water rivers and streams, not lakes.
most small lakes are man made anyway, so there is very
limited flora and fauna.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts