The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me their experience with Nuvo Aquariums (made by Innovative Marine). Specifically, is the filtration system effective with freshwater planted tanks? Too expensive not to know.

Second question. I used a cheap UV Sterilizer to get rid of an algae bloom. It worked exceptionally well and got rid of all hair algae, even the hard algae on the glass went away in less than two weeks. Should I remove it or leave it in? I have nerite snails, plecos and SAEs and I want to be sure there is algae for them to eat.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have the 4 gal and it's great for a planted tank. Mine is a dirt tank with black blasting sand cap. I luv the overflow filters. Look great and function well. No ugly pipes and heaters in the main tank to look at and get in the way.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Love my Nuvo 16. The curved glass front is gorgeous. Good flow and easy to put what you want in the large filter area. Things that you do have to accommodate.... uncorraled floaters will obstruct the inlets. Small fish/shrimp will swim right in the inlets and get sucked into the filter. I made some screens that I fit into the top of the filter baskets to keep them from getting sucked in... they can swim back out easily and the screen is easy to pull out for cleaning. I have the freshwater lights and they work well for low/med light plants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts