The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some good plants that will act as nutrient sponges as I am struggling with a minor green water problem right now.

G

·
I'm curious... Why avoid duckweed? I have it in my daughter's new tank and I was hoping that it would be a good nutrient sink for her 20H since even though her tank is fully planted, many of the plants are slow growers.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I'm curious... Why avoid duckweed? I have it in my daughter's new tank and I was hoping that it would be a good nutrient sink for her 20H since even though her tank is fully planted, many of the plants are slow growers.
It's a pest to most people. It's extremely difficult to get rid of, not attractive at all and readily outcompetes other plants for light with much success.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool cool! I am doing some research online about it! do you have any pics?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sweet where would I get that plant?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have heard stem plants work really good

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Hygro is a sponge for sure. But I don't think it will help your green water problem. Although in any tank that I've ever owned that had a large amount of hygo in it never seemd to have much algae in it. So it may help a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.