The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of now all my plants seems to be doing quite well. Lots of light, Co2, and nutrients to go around.
But i've been hearing a lot about to much light/Co2 can cause your plants to eat up nutrients and start to starve.

What are some tell tale signs that your plants aren't getting what they need?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Yellow foliage and pinholes are probably the common. Usually nitrogen and potassium are what tends to be low in tanks with more light, although other nutrients can be low depending on how you dose your tanks.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Lots of light can be an issue, yes. But not necessarily lots of carbon. Most problems are due to too much light and/or not enough carbon. Lack of CO2 in a tank with high light can present as stunted growth, holes in leaves, twisted leaves, and algae, particularly BBA.

In a brightly lit tank, CO2 supply and distribution is often the most difficult thing to get right.

The easiest way to avoid all these troubles is to limit your supply of light, within reason.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, other than setting up a whole new light system im stuck with at least 65watts for 25 gallon. I believe its fairly reasonable, I am planning on heavily planting it.

Im just using one of the nutrafin Co2 systems right now, with a little marina filter/powerhead for dispertion. But Ill probably make a rex reactor sometime this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.