The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a strange deficiency (or something) going on with one of my plants. the leaves are curling and turning black. The black parts are fairly rough. See image below.

I'm also still having trouble with stringy hair algae. I change 50% water weekly, and dose 1/16 tsp Trace & Fe 3x week and 1/16 tsp KH2PO4, K2SO4, 1/2 tsp KNO3 3x week.

Any ideas/suggestions?

·
Are these real?
15,706 Posts
This is fairly common with Anubias. They are slow growers and as such tend to collect algae. Mostly green spot, which can turn black over time as they collect diatoms and crud and stuff.

The curling is normal too.

There isn't very much you can do about that. If nutrients are good, they grow out of it, and the older affected leaves can be removed.

Actually Anubias can do with relatively low light levels, and tends to look good, if not better than when blasted by direct light.

One thing to check is your phosphate level, it should be somewhere around 0.5 ppm or higher. Too low and green spot alga gets the better of Anubias.

·
Are these real?
15,706 Posts
I would not. If you are already adding PO4 most likely it's not an issue, and if you struggle with hair alga more phosphate will make them grow better. :wink:

Are you injecting CO2? Looks like you are dosing ferts according to EI, so you probably should check and make sure CO2 levels are somewhere up there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts