The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First time co2 user. Just bought this product, and am having trouble setting it up. .It is for 20 Long.
which part of the tubing do I put through the bubble counter? The hard plastic end, or the regular tube end? Any help would be appreciated, I am getting a tad frustrated.
Am I supposed to unhook what has allready been attached when I bought it the hard plastic paart that is connected to 1 end of tube?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so I figured out that the slanted hard piece goes down into the bubble counter... the next question.... how should the slanted piece be postiioned? it says "towards the bubble counter" this could mean to the right, or backwards;.. (I think it's towards the right, so the bubbles can go into counter. How come the diagram in the instuctions looks different than my done unit? My slanted piece of tubing is a good inch lower, is this normal? I am trying, making some progress... waiting for someone who owns this thing to help.....I thought I had it, it just does not match up with instruction diagram...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
There is different levels you can set the tubing end to go to for different sized tanks. Use the lowest one for your tank, and if bubble counter/diffuser is to the right of the tubing then your plastic tip should be like this |/, if that makes sense.

But honestly, you should just return the system and make one of your own DIY systems. Much better, cheaper, and last quite a bit longer.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou Pinoyboy, I appreciate it. I'm new to this forum, and new to plants, sort of, (I know the basics) I have a low light 20 g long tank. Anyhoo, I think I figured out how to put the nutrafin co2 sysetem together. Took me long enough lol. It doesn't look as bad inside the tank as I thought either. Lights out3 for the fish, bedtime. Hopefully in the morning I will seee some bubbles, and maybe my water sprite can regenerate lol. (turned real light, tried some seachem potassium, and that helped out some other plants in my tank, so hopefully the co2 will get me over the hump. Thanks again..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I think I screwed this up. how r people with less then 20 G tanks, supposed to get that hard piece (diffuser) in the ladder? This is why I think my diffuse is too low.. it's hard and wont fit in the ladder... am I making sense?
EDIT: DIFFUSER= SLANTED HARD TUBING. sorry.....
should the slanted hard piece be aimes to the right of ladder so that bubbles hit it, or facing the tanks wall. (I set it up on right side of tank)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How are peolple with less than 20 g long tanks supposed to get the hard piece up in the ladder? This is why I think I messed up... I edited my post before this.. read that, to clarify... thank you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am getting a bubble, but it is not going in the ladder.. I think my slanted end on tubing with hard piece is too far down.. don't know how to raise it up, the hard pieces r blocking it from going up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The yeast/baking soda worked very quick.... The bubbles r just getting stuck on bottom ladder (which is normal) everything I think is a-ok...sorry for all the posts. just wanted things to run smoothly, love my tank, and wanted to regenrate some plants. Thanks again for those who helped me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.