The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really didn't know where this goes but i am gonna put it here i need a little advice about my female guppy. first to start off with is my tank size and stuff. 20 gal no planted sand substrate. i just checked the water levels and everything came out good they are as follows: gh:7 drops, KH: 7drops, NH3: 0mg, PH: 8.0, Nitrite: > 0.03mg. i have notice her behavor as in swimming is not the guppy way she sometimes swims veritcally up and down like her head is weighing her down there is a dark spot and she is more bloated then ever. other fish are fine. she normally swims around the tank or just hangs in one of the corners.:icon_excl

·
Registered
763 Posts
Mine do that all the time..sometimes even crashing into the substrate especially when the lights first come on.

·
Registered
763 Posts
reread your post ...my females tend to do that more often when they are having babies or just about to so might want to keep an eye out!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i might get a picture of her

of when she is swimming cause its not normal behavior she started doing that not to long ago but right now she is remaining str8. yea i know she is preggers i have a bunch of "fry" in the breeder box already from either her or the other female.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts