The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Feedback

Feedback is really important. The podcast takes about 1-3 hours prep and worry, at least an hour to record, and 3-6 hours post-production. No revenue, no adds, and no sponsorships. The only motivation is the real or imagined feedback. Thanks again!
ps Yikes, there were 13 downloads of a version with an editing error where the music was misplaced. Sorry for those "early adopters"!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hehe, I listen and do enjoy it...

A few comments... Dont know if its my stereo but some times the audio lags a bit and sounds like the person is studdering a bit...

It would be sooo cool to have the chance to ask your guest questions.
lol I find myself thinking of what I would ask them!

I could listen to the podcast if it were 2 hours long!

Maybe you could have a "tricks of the trade" portion where your guest gives a few "pro" hints/secrets that they have figured out over the years!

Anyway i think it is a really cool show! Keep up the hard work and thanks!

Josh

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Josh, we're so glad you enjoy the show.
The stuttering is caused by latency issues and Skype. We live in rural Arkansas and we're stuck with less than ideal connectivity. This last interview was conducted during internet prime time and was probably why the lag that leads to stuttering. Also a buffer delay creeps in as Skype compensates and that makes natural conversation a bit difficult as well. If you listen to many podcasts you know it's sometimes a problem. I'm glad you mentioned it though as it will remmind me to try to schedule future recordings outside of prime internet usage time.
It would be very cool to have callers. That would mean conducting the show "live", streaming it out and then accepting calls via the internet. I imagine the bandwidth and lag issues would be worse. I could accept listener questions ahead of time!
I think the hints/tips idea is a good one. We're trying to balance learning more about the person with picking thier brain. The tips idea would be a good regular feature though, I like it.
I think it would be great if the show could be longer. I'd love to have more of me and Jennifer discussing stuff, but we just don't have the knack yet and the editing quickly becomes insane.
---It would be cool if folks wanted to send in audio clips for inclusion in the show. You could send in an audio question or even your own tip or a planted aquarium story.:icon_excl
Thanks for the feedback!
Send those audio clips in mp3 format to [email protected]
David

Hehe, I listen and do enjoy it...

A few comments... Dont know if its my stereo but some times the audio lags a bit and sounds like the person is studdering a bit...

It would be sooo cool to have the chance to ask your guest questions.
lol I find myself thinking of what I would ask them!

I could listen to the podcast if it were 2 hours long!

Maybe you could have a "tricks of the trade" portion where your guest gives a few "pro" hints/secrets that they have figured out over the years!

Anyway i think it is a really cool show! Keep up the hard work and thanks!

Josh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts