The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
I was going to buy one from my LFS (PTF in Pasadena) but the owner told his worker to not open it for me b/c i was not going to buy it anyway. What an A hole never shopped there again:angryfire . Sorry for the rant, but I had to let it out. Anyway back on the thread subject I eventualy did see one up and running the light is very bright, but it is a shame the reflectors are not very wide to disperse the light. consider the light good enough for medium light intensity and not high lighting. For the price they are a good deal. I went with HTG supply Hydroponic T5 light with better reflector for an extra $20. BTW they make a fresh water version for the same price.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
It will be enough light...One thing I like about the Current fixtures are they are light weight, and the splash shield slides out really easily to access the tubes. A good fixture overall at a very fair price. The reflector is a one piece parabolic and it works fine.

I do have a little bit of a short in one of my banks occasionally (4x39 watt over a 65 gallon). Haven't figured out why yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts