The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this is algae or what, but I've noticed on the front of my tank there is a brown sludge that seeps down into the substrate. Photo's don't really show much but it's not blue/green and it's not all over the tank like typical BGA is.

I'm not sure if its just Aquasoil mud or what. Anyone have experience with it?

Also, it appears that it's in my HC Cuba as well but I'm not 100% sure if it is, or if its just amazonia that got stirred up upon initial planting, but I will say it appears as if it's pearling along with the plants.

Also has anyone had DWG pearl before? or is it some type of algae I'm just not seeing?

Heres some photos:

I had recently done the 1-2 knock out Hydroden Peroxide treatment and it didn't seem to touch this stuff (whatever it is) so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
I sometimes shrimp or use Oto for diatoms. Part of new tank syndrome and it will pass. I also see it in my aging tanks (partially neglected) with MTS and old wood and old substrate from biological breakdown into smaller organic particles over time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.