The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to understand the charts in another part of this forum but I dont feel confident I understand it.

I have a 29 gallon standard @ 30" x 12" x 18" inches, with pressurized C02.

I have 2 light units both sitting on top of the aquarium. One of them is a Deep Blue Solarmax T5 Double Strip and the other is the same thing only a single strip T5. Like having 3 bulbs *shrugs*. They have built in chrome looking reflectors.

I have not planted my aquarium. I just started the fishless cycle and this is my first attempt. A lot of the plants I am attracted to say med-high light. Will I have enough light ?

·
Super Moderator
12,131 Posts
Are these T5NO or T5HO bulbs?

Also, what bulbs do you have in your Deep Blue Solarmax T5 Double Strip? If one bulb is actinic, then it will not provide any useful light for your plants.

·
Super Moderator
12,131 Posts
Using two bulbs would put you at the border of low/medium light, while using three bulbs would put you at the border of medium/high light.

What plants are you thinking of growing? You will have to also remember that with higher light comes the requirement for fertilization and CO2 injection (either DIY or pressurized).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'm using a Fluval pressurized CO2 kit until I can afford a proper system. Shouldn't be long though. I'm still learning and researching ferts. I'm into it.

I'm going to start with some easier plants. Anubius Nana and Java Ferns. After that I'm looking at Blyxa japonica. Other things. I'm more concerned about the future. I hate to be limited. I like the idea of having a small leaf carpet plant.

I am a photographer. I'm attracted to the art of aquascaping. But right now I just want to learn how to care for the plants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.