The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
its worth a shot. some have said goldens can have a blue tint. it would be making mischlings but that could be a good thing in the long run. post a pic if you can

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess you can call it a blue snow white. I've read that some goldens/snow whites can show blue color. The more I look at close up photos of my blue bolts they look more like the goldens/snow whites and less like the TB's. When she was carrying her eggs she was more a reddish color. I wonder if because she was carrying eggs it triggered something to bring the blue out. She wasn't blue before. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in since I'm just guessing.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I goofed! At first I thought this was the same female shrimp that recently gave birth. Although they both have the same "swoop" like marking on the left cheek it is clear by the side by side pic that they are different shrimps. The one with the blue tint looks more like a male too. :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
that it is. a male for sure. keep an eye on it and see if any females come out with the blue tint and start selective breeding?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that it is. a male for sure. keep an eye on it and see if any females come out with the blue tint and start selective breeding?
There are a few babies in the tank right now. I had an issue with the tds creeping up rather quickly in the tank which I think caused a low survial rate for the babies. I think I got that problem nixed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts