The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normal peaceful black Molly goes straight up Gangsta when pellets are in the tank.

It will defend the pellets like crazy even chasing fish around the entire aquarium who dare to get to close.

Has anyone ever observed this behavior? Normally the black molly does not bother anyone even in the slightest only when a pellet it dropped, it acts like an aggressive Oscar. A real Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

If anyone does not believe me, I can take a video and post it on here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Molies can be really nasty, have seen them nearly kill an adult angelfish.
Did you feed your aquarium pellets when the Molly got aggressive?

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Nope anglefish got slight injury from me siphoning without a bell on the end of the tube... only a bell end. It all ended well though.
But they turned on that fish like someone flipped a switch. They can sense weakness a mile away. Nasty buggers.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope anglefish got slight injury from me siphoning without a bell on the end of the tube... only a bell end. It all ended well though.
But they turned on that fish like someone flipped a switch. They can sense weakness a mile away. Nasty buggers.
Yeah, mine turn into the most aggressive fish in the tank like someone flipped a switch. I accidentally bough some tetra that were listed as semi-aggressive online and these black mollies were chasing them around the tank too.

As soon as the pellet is gone, it turns back to normal.

Very strange behavior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.