The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been scouting this forum for a while and it has me very interested in setting up a planted tank. I currently have 2 55's with Cichlids and no plants, they are enjoyable but they just seem to eat all of the time. We are looking to do it on the cheap, i have acquired another 55 and am looking for suggestions. Substrate first then filtration are on the list, plant suggestions will be after the tank is set up and ready to go. I have to think about the maintenance, since I am not home that often and have to rely on someone else to service the tank, easy is good.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Welcome Garlic! Love that silly little town with that great big mountain, I grew up out in the Sandia Park area, make me miss home just thinking about it. I would definitely suggest trolling the "Low Tech" threads - sounds like that would be the best route to go for low maintenance. Oh my, so many choices to go with. Tough decisions, but very doable!

Again welcome aboard!

Duff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.