The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on trying a low tech tank, but after 2 weeks of no progress, Java ferns turning brown, and my potted swords looking sad and translucent..I decided to upgrade.

Upgraded to CFLs instead of low watt leds, DIY co2, and dosed some Flora Pride. Now after 3 days things are looking a lot greener and I can finally see some new root growth on the ferns and anubias!

IMG_4925 by Ecopot, on Flickr

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi,
Tank is nice, but you have a lot of work! Botia macracantha are very interesting fish are my favorite.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah they have the most interesting personalities. Mine were very active and fun to watch untill recently the boss got stuck in a ornament and is now afraid to come out at all. Now all they do is sleep in their tubes all day. Not sure what to do with them next..either thinking of putting them in my 55g with my baby slider, they are almost as big as him so probably won't get eaten, but still a risk...or up grading this tank to something bigger, but my wife will never understand why these small fish need a bigger tank.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm. or upgrade my slider to a bigger tank, which he/she may need anyways, and use 55g for them...or can always bring them back to the lfs. Just want to think things through before spending any more money.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi,
You managed to convince his wife to a larger tank? Rummy Nose Tetra are fish that helps us to know if the water is high quality face / nose is red a good thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts