The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to find ANYWHERE that sells a 30G Long anymore, and if I DO find a place online, it is for local pickup only and nowhere remotely close to where I am located.

Is there a big secret to where these are all hiding, or am I going to have to find a way to convert a Reptile enclosure into an aquarium? Because that is the ONLY 30G Long I can find...and the screen and rim are totally off. :(

If I DO have to go the conversion route, any tips?

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Most of the new reptile tanks can't hold water. I have a 40B that I picked up off cl that's for reptiles. It also has a warning label that warns against filling it because it may increase the water temperature. It doesn't say not to fill it because it will leak so if you go that route, make sure it will hold water without issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I cannot seem to find ANYWHERE that sells a 30G Long anymore, and if I DO find a place online, it is for local pickup only and nowhere remotely close to where I am located.

Is there a big secret to where these are all hiding, or am I going to have to find a way to convert a Reptile enclosure into an aquarium? Because that is the ONLY 30G Long I can find...and the screen and rim are totally off. :(

If I DO have to go the conversion route, any tips?
Are you in Fayetteville, NC? or AR?

IF your in Arkansas i have a what i think is a 30 long under my porch. Was one of those segmented tanks used in walmart displays

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place

·
Registered
121 Posts
Honestly, I haven't heard of a 30 long. Are you talking about a 33 long? (48 1/4 x 12 3/4 x 12 7/8). I have only seen maybe 2 in stock over the years but I am sure my LFS could order one as popular brands list them. If it's a 30 long, not sure what that is.
Could have gone with a google search...
Could have plugged her dimensions into a tank volume calculator...
Could have followed the link I provided to see it...
Went with "I don't believe that exists"...

Interesting choice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
the OP stated a 30L, not a 30...
That's true, it's also true that she said "I really just wanted to find a damn 36x16x12". If you look at the Aqueon site I linked, those are the dimensions of the only 30 they make.

Sorry if I came off as harsh, but it really irritates me when people barely skim a thread then post some off the wall stuff. "Long" didn't throw me off because I paid attention to the specified dimensions.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Well, I missed the part where the OP gave the dimensions she was looking for in her second entry, I only saw the "L" in the first entry. Guess I was skimming the thread...:hihi:

·
Planted Tank Nation
889 Posts
I'm pretty sure its just called a standard 30 gallon. Not sure though. I actually really like that tank because of limited space. Most people just want to add 6 inches in depth for better aquascaping and go with the 40breeder, but in my little room, the 30 makes more sense because it doesn't stick 18 inches out in the room+stand+few inches behind for wires/ filter hosing ect. But I have only seen the 30g in person once, so I will probably end up going with the 38, which is same dimensions, just three inches higher. If you can't find the 30g anywhere local, you can see if you like the 38 like I am probably gonna get.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
Uncalled for language.. Please keep it civil.

I like searching for threads about long tanks, and I don't think anybody needs to read that.

Edit: Well it looks like the post was removed with the poor language. Thank you for removing it.

Post continued:

Anyways, OP, why ya looking for 30g specifically? In that nice Aqueon link, I REALLY liked the look of that 33g long tank.

A few more gallons couldn't hurt ;p. or do you have a specific stand?

If so, I have a link to a nice Florida based company that manufactures really nice tanks catered to your dimensions you want.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
That's true, it's also true that she said "I really just wanted to find a damn 36x16x12". If you look at the Aqueon site I linked, those are the dimensions of the only 30 they make.

Sorry if I came off as harsh, but it really irritates me when people barely skim a thread then post some off the wall stuff. "Long" didn't throw me off because I paid attention to the specified dimensions.
+1 You didn't come off harsh, we're all adults here.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah I remember why I stopped using this forum two years ago, nice.

Anywho, Perhaps I had the dimensions wrong. Maybe it IS a 33L Im looking for, but either way, It is *still* labeled and sold as a 30L. Just as a standard 10G is actually more than 10G. Then again I have been using the same old school equation for years to find volume. LxWxH/231 edit: well hell, back in the day it was labeled as a 30L, seems like it is a 33 now. How dumb. *shrugs*

I am actually stuck in this hellhole (Fayetteville) in NC. Im a transplant from Houston Texas so not being able to find or have ordered what I need is proving to be a real challenge as there are ZERO decent fish stores or fisheries in the area. Id imagine there are some in Raleigh or Charlotte, but thats too far to drive for me at the moment... :(

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Ah I remember why I stopped using this forum two years ago, nice.

Anywho, Perhaps I had the dimensions wrong. Maybe it IS a 33L Im looking for, but either way, It is *still* labeled and sold as a 30L. Just as a standard 10G is actually more than 10G. Then again I have been using the same old school equation for years to find volume. LxWxH/231 edit: well hell, back in the day it was labeled as a 30L, seems like it is a 33 now. How dumb. *shrugs*

I am actually stuck in this hellhole (Fayetteville) in NC. Im a transplant from Houston Texas so not being able to find or have ordered what I need is proving to be a real challenge as there are ZERO decent fish stores or fisheries in the area. Id imagine there are some in Raleigh or Charlotte, but thats too far to drive for me at the moment... :(
Dang sorry to hear that!! Well hopefully your able to find something!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Dang sorry to hear that!! Well hopefully your able to find something!

Completely understand. im in chattanooga TN which is a bi city for tennessee.. decent fish stores? none
my LFS sells the best quality fish, but having other options for parts, plants, tanks,, etc its all non existant

·
Registered
121 Posts

Well now you have me thoroughly confused. You specifically said you were looking for a 36 inch long tank. The 33 long is a 48 inch long tank.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Could have gone with a google search...
Could have plugged her dimensions into a tank volume calculator...
Could have followed the link I provided to see it...
Went with "I don't believe that exists"...

Interesting choice.
I didn't see the dimensions as they were not in the first post. I have never heard that tank called a 30 long, just a standard 30 gallon. My other reason for confusion is 33 longs can be extremely hard to find, I see 30 gallons all the time, just not at Petco.

Never said "I don't believe that exists" either. I said "not sure what that is". Big difference and I am not the only one in this thread who knows that as a standard 30 gallon.

Not to be rude but I feel like you twisted my words around and I did look up more than a few sites to get find dimensions for a 30 long, but could only find what is called a 30 gallon, which I know to be a standard 30 gallon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.