The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

25 Galon planted tank

Heyy guys!!!Hello from istanbul! That's my tank. İts gonna be planted tank. İ need your advices and comments.

İ have mussel sand on my floor. And i want cabomba caroliana, elodea densa anubias species in my tank. İ have 36 watt lighting. İs it enough for a low tech tank? Should i use floor fertilizer for that plants. And who can help me for decorative solves to my tank.

İ have 3 rasbora and 2 barbus for now. How many fish enough for that tank? thanks for now!!!
Best regards...

·
Registered
208 Posts
A few comments.. I am not sure what mussel sand is, if it is made of shells it is not good - it will make the water too hard. Likewise, the shells you have in the tank will also make the water hard. The rasboras, in particular, like soft water.

The wattage is probably enough for Anubias and for Cryptocoryne, not for Elodea and Cabomba. I am not an expert on this matter, though. At that level of light, very little fertilizer will be needed. If youhave a moderate number of fish - say, 15 small fish the size of the Rasboras - you probably will not need any fertilizer at all.

This is one man's opinion. Others may disagree.

Beautiful wood!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for comments friend!Yeah it made of shell. İ will change my sand with time. İ liked prodac's fertil peat plates and fondovivo. Any advice for thats fertilizers? Maybe i can put them to the floor and change my sand slowly with them. İ want to add 7 neon to my tank. İ m waiting my water. i hope i will have a good planted tank. java moss good choice for my wood? Or riccia? Whichone you think?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Again, neons like soft water, so I would change to quartz sand very soon. Java moss would be much easier to grow in the low light you have and also much easier to attach.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah right. Neon very sensitive fish. And they like soft water i know. İ already change my sand step by step with time. But i have to say my rasboras liked my water and they like soft water as well. İt is interesting. And i have to add that i have activated carbon in my Eheim 2213. So i heard no good for planted aquariums. But my friend use carbon and he has anubias kinds and he doesnt use liquid nutrients. İ must say his fishes and plants so healthy. What i have to do? İ want to use carbon too.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
You can use AC, unless you use liquid fertilizers. Some people disagree, but it works fine in my tank. I like the hardscape by the way!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right Jake i want to use too AC. İ tried without carbon my old tank and my fishes and plants were unhealthy. İ thought floor fertilizers can be better for plants and fishes. Carbon really important for good water i think so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts