The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a quick help... My inlet for the sump on my 440litre tank that I have recently set up is making too much noise. This is due to the air escaping from the pipe in let within the sump compatment. I have placed the pipe under the water level and was wondering if this is causing the problem as I am not 100% convinced I actually Know what I am doing. The set up otherwise is running nicely and am now just waiting to set up the plants and such. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stu

·
Are these real?
15,712 Posts
I'd suggest to read up on durso overflow pipes. There are some other/related/improved designs floating around. You should be able to put something together with a few plastic parts and improve the situation. It's hard to give specific recommendations since it all depends on your situation, like pipe diameter, water flow, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply Wasserpest, I already have a durso setup and find this really quiet. All that is making noise is the sump in-let inside the sump. Bubles are rising within th sump causing the noise. Am thinking of lining my cabinet inside with sound proff material so less noise is ommited. This can be a simple approch as the lining is just as simple as carpet underlay.

·
Registered
121 Posts
if you can try to take the pipe horizontal about 4-6" this might stop the noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts