The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I bought what I thougt were 3 Amano shrimp. 2 of them are but one of them is a little different. It has gotten very dark red with a white stripe down its back. Also it only comes out of his cave, that it made under a rock, at night. Does any one know what it might be?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am sorry to say that I don't have any way to post a picture, but I may have to get a camera. Dint they have disposables that you can up load? Not very tech savvy. LOL Any way I'll try and find a way to get some pics.

I definitely don't think it is a crayfish, as it does not have any claws. Also its seems to spend most of its time on the rhizome of the Anubia attached to the rock, never venturing far from its home.

·
Registered
573 Posts
If it's about 1 inch long, then it's a mature cherry shrimp. They sometimes get a lighter line down their back, just like a bamboo shrimp. And it's female because it's red. Males are clear.

If it is bigger, and has fan shaped hands, it is a young bamboo shrimp. They get orangeish when they are happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.