The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks for the kind words!

I haven't seen fish line sold like that here, but I have pulled the stone out in favor of moss covered wood I had in my nano tank, I couldn't get a decent photo because it was overcast though, I like it but I think it looks a little bulky! I am going to get some moss to put on the emerged part I think.

Noticed the water is a little cloudy now, so ill do a full water change soonish! the dirt must be clouding the water.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Got a little motivated today and plAyed

http://i.imgur.com/eZpavJ2.jpg

Pulled a little sword out of my nano and did another vase, repositioned the drift wood to a better spot and did a water change on the bowl, didn't really make it any clearer unfortunately so I assume I just have to wait it out, having the same issue in my big tank!

The third (and final vase) is a little different than the others as it has the most mts like soil in it, so it will be interesting to see if the sword will grow without a root tab.

The next no tech project also came today, a massive betta bowl! Unfortunately it's cracked and terrible quailty so it will have to go back.

I also switched to imgur in the hope they don't rape the quailty of the photos like photo bucket had been lately. Although I can't get it to work, so ill have to deal with photobucket.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Where did you get that round flat bowl thing?

I could imagine that bowl filled with nothing but stems plants, the bottom halves submerged with tops growing out emersed, preferably in a unnatural artistic arrangement with reds and green plants maybe even mixed in with various other shades (purple, brown, light and darker greens, golden, etc). Maybe like a Mandala design-ish when viewed from above (obviously not nearly as detail refined, but you get the color arrangement idea). Would be a cool unique piece of art.

Or do a wabi kusa!

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Your aluminum plant's leaves looks a little wilt-y, did you recently trim the stems down and replant them? Btw love the overflowing growth look of the bowl.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
update!!!

looked like this before summer

then summer hit, and it went nuts

then, i got bored and rescaped

now, this is only half done so dont judge, as the stems grow, I'm going to cut them and re plant till i have a super bushy bowl growing. planning on getting some moss for the wood to completely cover it, also added s.repens and narrow leaf java fern today.

hopefully it turns out all nice looking and stuff in a month or so.

also made this last week

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I should add for those interested.

V1 of the bowl was dirt from the yard capped with pool filter sand with 1 osmacote + aquatic tab that I was trailing.

V2 is spaghnum moss I had left over and didn't want to throw out, whatever the soil was that came with the pink rotala (bought it as a pond plant from the nursery) capped with pool filter sand. Will be adding 2 flourish tabs soon tho. But the plants are growing strong so it's fine for now

41 - 60 of 65 Posts