The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several planted tanks and really like the Finnex lights. I'm now starting a 55 for a Jack Dempsey, which means no plants, and I'm wondering what lights to go with specifically to prevent algae but also make the fish look good. Would a stingray still be too much? Should I stick with the stock 2 18" t8(after being used to my planted tanks this looks extremely dim, but maybe that's a good thing)?

·
Registered
13,078 Posts
I have several planted tanks and really like the Finnex lights. I'm now starting a 55 for a Jack Dempsey, which means no plants, and I'm wondering what lights to go with specifically to prevent algae but also make the fish look good. Would a stingray still be too much? Should I stick with the stock 2 18" t8(after being used to my planted tanks this looks extremely dim, but maybe that's a good thing)?
No, shouldn't be too much....

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I own 3 Stingrays and I think the spectrum is excellent for viewing fish. You'll of course have algae--everyone's tank does save for those who lie about it--but like Jeffkrol said it definitely won't be too much light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.