The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
Recently I noticed quite a few hydra in my 4.5 gallon and even though I've been trying to scrape them all off they seem to keep coming back. Last night I also noticed a white worm that was a lot wider than my normal detritus worms wiggling through the substrate which I'm worried might be planaria (although I couldn't get a proper look). No shrimp have actually died yet to my knowledge but I still want to completely treat the tank to keep them safe so now I'm stuck deciding between what to do.

I've heard good things about both No Planaria and Planaria Zero but I'm stuck deciding between the two. I've only been able to find them for $60 and as a 17 year old who just lost their job that's a lot of money. I'm okay with spending it if it will keep my shrimp safe but I'd rather hear people's opinions on both first so I know I'm spending my money on the one that will work best.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Pancur C dog dewormer will work, and costs much less. I forget the exact ratio for planted tank...but you should be able to find old threads about it. Regardless, I have personally watched in horror as planaria consumed my shrimp from the inside out. I have also successfully treated them with Panacur.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.