The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as it stands right now i'm out of root tabs and i'm starting to run low on my Seachem enhancer pack. I went to buy more but thinking about paying that obscene amount for tabs and liquid ferts forever is making me look else where for my macro and micro's. I don't want to tare down my tank to make it dirt so looking for other avenues of approach. I do however plan to continue using Flourish Excel for my Carbon until i can afford to go CO2. Its a 40gal breeder, cascade 1000 canister with a T5 HO Aquaticlife light and a 150 watt heater (80). currently not heavily planted but hoping to get there. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Well have you thought about using Osmocote Plus root tabs? I have somewhere around 1,000 Osmocote Plus root tabs if you'd like you can message me with your name and address and I can send you 200 Osmocote Plus root tabs for free.

Also have you thought about switching to dry fertilizers? It's cheaper than liquid solutions which are mostly water, and it's pretty easy to buy dry fertilizers and make your own solutions.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Where can i order these dry ferts you speak of or is it a homemade cocktail?
Green Leaf Aquariums has PPS-Pro packages for cheap and will last you over a year or more with one tank

-Chris

Green Leaf Aquariums has PPS-Pro packages for cheap and will last you over a year or more with one tank

-Chris
http://greenleafaquariums.com/aquarium-fertilizers-supplements/pps-pro-fertilizer-package.html

Even comes with the bottle. You'll need a gram scale to, can get those cheap somewhere

-Chris

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.