The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to turn on my regulator for the first time and I am not getting any pressure reading on my low gauge. It is reading 800psi on the high gauge and I can hear my solenoid clicking when I plug it in. My needle valve is wide open as well as main regulator valve. I'm seeing no pressure on the low gauge and no bubbles in the counter.

Any suggestion?

I am considering taking the solenoid off and possibly putting a new meter valve on it as well (I have a spare). Shouldn't the low gauge be reading if the reg is open?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I'm not turning it enough.. I'll try it and see. I'm scared to death of breaking this thing so I've only turned it maybe 2 full rotations.

Its a Concoa 315

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I've got it working now. I do have leaks though!

Thanks for the help guys, and sorry to waste the space with such a trivial thing.

EDIT: Turns out, the shiny bubble counter I ordered from overseas doesn't work, no air bubbles at all and its about to crack if I tighten it any more.. but it still leaks at the connection. No o-ring provided.
Also, my SMC check valve that I picked up on ebay is acting weird. Its making a burping sound that is just intolerable. I assume that I may have gotten tape in both the SMC and Bubble Counter check valves when I first turned the system on, or they are both bad. This is my first time. I ordered another bubble counter. This time its the brass JBJ one? I hope its better, or at least works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts