The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a heavily planted 29g right now. I have a planted+ on max for 8 hours with pressurized CO2. According to Tom Barr's CO2 pH/kH chart my CO2 is ideal.

I also EI dose. I am surprised I have gotten 0 algae over the first month the tank has been running. Growth is pretty good but not super fast. Do you think I should crank the light up some or just stay how it is now?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Keep everything how it is for at least another 2 weeks. If no plants are dying you are in good shape.

When transferred, plants need time to adjust. Consider yourself lucky that you don't see any algae.

Keep the good luck going!

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Incidentally, if you do want to increase lighting, do so very slowly and compensate your CO2 as well. I find that beyond ~60 PAR it becomes very hard to balance plant CO2 needs with livestock.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Depends on your tank really... if you're very sparsely planted, leave it alone... if it's heavily planted and looks like a jungle leave it alone... at least for the next month or so, new tanks need to break in so to speak, after that I would consider another hour, MAYBE 2 on the schedule, but no more than that, and only if you REALLY want additional viewing time or growth

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks guys! It's only my second Tank so I was expecting algae issues. The fact I didn't have any made me think I wasn't using enough light since I thought that was more plausible than me balancing it right haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.