The Planted Tank Forum banner

Nitrogen Deficiency?

1903 4
Greetings all,

I've recently put a few plants in my tank. I'm having a problem with my swords. I've tried a planed tank before and this always happens. I've been able to keep anubias in the tank, and that is about all. It is a tall tank, and I wonder if light is a problem. It's about a 30 gallon tank. Been around for a long time, has had fish in it for over 10 years. Fish are healthy. Very little fish loss. Any suggestions? What other information should I include?

Chris

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
432 Posts
Amount of light and if you currently are adding any ferts would be helpful.
I would guess its a combination of inert substrate, no ferts and aeration instead of CO2. If you don't want to add ferts you could try some root tabs under the swords (and other heavy rooting plants).

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the replies. I am adding fertilizer. I did a good water change today, we'll see if that helps.

The plant that is not aquatic, I assume its days are numbered too? Of course it was sold to me by the LFS as an aquatic plant.

· Registered
432 Posts
Yeah I would remove it before it starts rotting and screws your water quality. It is some kind of ribbon plant Plants & Flowers » Ribbon Plant pull it up and plant it in a pot where it belongs. And head to where you bought it and let them know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.