The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Have you tested your water’s nitrate reading before it goes into the tank? In the U.S. 10mg/L (10ppm) of nitrate is considered safe to drink (CDC guideline) so it is possible your municipal or well water has some nitrate before the bacteria do any converting.

with that low of ammonia reading my guess would be that your plants are uptaking the small amount of ammonia being created in your tank.

are you adding any source of ammonia?

pest snails are very hardy and will survive high levels of ammonia so they aren’t a strong indicator of water quality in that way.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top