The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got into pressurized co2 and i was told by someone in a facebook group some light ideas. I ended up getting a nicrew for my tank as many said the lighting setup I had before was very weak. Ok, so I got the new nicrew light and then one person still says it’s not enough. They’re saying with pressurized co2 you need a stronger light. They recommended beamsworks. So my question is, what’s a stronger light in this case?

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
I recently got into pressurized co2 and i was told by someone in a facebook group some light ideas. I ended up getting a nicrew for my tank as many said the lighting setup I had before was very weak. Ok, so I got the new nicrew light and then one person still says it’s not enough. They’re saying with pressurized co2 you need a stronger light. They recommended beamsworks. So my question is, what’s a stronger light in this case?
You don't "need" a stronger light but now you can use one.
size of tank, which Nicrew ect.

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
40GB
NICREW RGB+W LED Aquarium Light with Remote Control, Full Spectrum Fish Tank Light for Planted Freshwater Tanks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CXFKLJ...abc_X15WTJ75QCB9JQ3WF25A?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
W/ the width of the breeder it is nice to have 2 fixtures to improve/ front to back coverage.

I'd suggest just add a matching light then exchanging it for a Beamswork.
That would get you 52W of controllable light.

My orig. DIY light had a spread of 6" and 3" off the top of the tank. Worked well. No dead spots in the upper few inches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.