The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think is the best moss for a shrimp tank?

Looking for a smaller sized moss for better size ratio, to have the moss look like carpet (or grass mounds/hills) for the dwarf shrimp.
Highly prefer the moss be able to be grown without co2 or excel/glute.
I prefer more rare/unique mosses (fissidens is still "rare" enough, just don't want the typical java, xmas, willow, flame, etc, Mini variations may be considered though such as mini weeping)

Know what, mention any tiny leaved foreground/carpet plants as well (I mean really low lying, no taller than 1/2").
Same preference of not needing co2, but I will dose ferts and provide adequate light.

For sale inks to the moss/plants you mention would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have weeping, mini Xmas and phoenix moss For my shrimp.

They seem to like the weeping moss more

I normally get my plants from eBay. But these mosses were purchased on a British site

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have got moss and after set up, all my plants from trimmings from other forum members here! So far everything has arrived perfectly and I have given friends the excess because the portions have been more than I could fit. That's been my experience so far and I like supporting other forum members as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.