The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
guys,

I need a sanity check, not that that will help much as i know i am crazy already, but i do need a real sanity check when it comes to my water parameters. i have set up 2 60p for some TiBees about 17 days ago, I have 3 inches of new amazonia in each of the tanks, I used backer 100 and mosura BT-9, i also have an eheim 2217 on each of the tanks (the filters where running on two other tanks for about 6 months each so they where fully seeded, I also have 1 sponge filter in each tank and those where seeded as well, i have moss. I have been doing an 80% water change every other day. Last night i checked my water and i received the following NH4, N03, and NO2 0 PPM, i did not believe those results, so i woke up early this morning (8:55 am) to go to m LFS and pick up some new tests as the ones that i have had to be bad since i have never seen tank with amazonia cycle so fast. the new tests showed the same results. Is this true? have any of you ever seen a tank a cycle so fast? Am i ready to send speedy a PM and order my shrimp?

EDIT #1 - i changed the water last 4 days ago

·
Registered
880 Posts
Wait, so your tank cycled in 17 days with a seeded filter and a bunch of supplements to help speed up cycling... and you're surprised? Lol I'm surprised it took that long! Except you were using amazonia which normally leaches ammonia for 2 weeks, so I feel your tank probably was cycled long beforehand and only is reading 0 now because the ammonia from the amazonia is done leeching.

17 days... I'd hate to wait that long haha. I haven't set up that many tanks, but most of them are shrimp ready in a week. My secret? I set up the new filter on preexisting tanks before setting up tanks, then just move the filter over to the new tank and boom good to go for the most part.

Also... beautiful tanks! You're gonna make some tibees very happy lol

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I am using the Sera nh4 test and the API ammonia test. So yes sir I am testing for total free ammonia, I even dropped some of the substrate I had left in a cup with water an tested it last night and it showed ammonia. I have set up over 12 tanks with new Amazonia and I have never seen a tank cycle so fast. I am not trusting my results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.