The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always like to get opinions. I have a 38 gal. Currently stocked with 10 neons, 6 har.rasbora, 3 serpea tetra, 1 oto, various snails and a couple ghost shrimp. I want to add something.
A few different options: go with some more neons.
Add a type of centerpiece fish or pair (what kind)
Add another small group (3-6) of ?
Any thing else?
And while I'm at it... I have a 10 gal with 4 neons, snails and a few cherry shrimp. What can I do here? If I add more neons to the bigger tank I can obviously move these so what can be a good replacement or addition?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Definitely add 2 or 3 more otos. I would move the neons all to one tank and make the 10 gal a shrimp only tank. You could add another shrimp species that can't cross breed with the RCS. Tiger shrimp could hold their own in a RCS tank.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I forgot to mention that about the otos. Lfs has been out but planned on a few more.
The serpea I know prefer larger groups but they school with the Rasbora and no fin nipping. Adding 2 more wouldn't be a problem though.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
More serpaes. Trust me on this... They'll be happier. Plus, serpaes can get kind of mean if not provided with enough school members... It's a matter of time.
Glad to hear you're planning on more ottos. They aren't exactly schooling fish, but they prefer to have company.
Also, neons shouldn't be kept in schools smaller than 8, really. I'd suggest you put those four in the 29 and add something tiny to the 10... Maybe chili rasboras. Tiny and brightly colored little gems, and you could keep at least 15 assuming the 10 is planted.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Pearl gourami's are very beautiful and a nice peaceful addition to any community. Also, if you can get your hands on some nice double red apistogrammas. Those are beautiful centerpiece fish. Just some thoughts :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for input
I like the chili Rasbora for the 10. If I move the neons over that would give me 14 in the 38. Sounds good to me. The apistos look cool. Are they a little more aggressive?
Any recommendations for a single fish?
Serpea are easy to find so I'll add some next trip to lfs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.