The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was using RO water with no success. Now I use Hawaii water from tap in cycled tank. Lol wouldn't know water parameters. But key food is repashy soilent green and grinded shirakura. Something about hawaiian water.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CONRGRATS! But no shrimplet is invisible to the naked eye IMO. I can see babies as they hatch from the mothers...that's just relative to one's own eyesight;)
CONGRATS on your laser beam vision but every species is different. Using my one eye that has near perfect vision there is no way I could see the babies on akadama soil. Especially with the same colored egg shell. Maybe I'm just a virgin shrimplet gazer. Yeah it was my first batch.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Congratulations...great news, hopefully more will show up.

I too had a BKK just give birth and thought NO babies...went to clean the breeder box out and saw movement out of the corner of my eye (now I had searched that box with a light and magnifier and found nothing)
seems I have a baby blue panda which may darken as it grows, but it was hiding right down inside the ADA granules....would have missed it if it didn't move.

Now its living on my IAL that is in the box, I can see it picking over the leaf for biofilm.

Keep those in your tank as the babies seem to love to snack on them more so than on baby shrimp food.

Keep the pictures coming as it grows.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations...great news, hopefully more will show up.

I too had a BKK just give birth and thought NO babies...went to clean the breeder box out and saw movement out of the corner of my eye (now I had searched that box with a light and magnifier and found nothing)
seems I have a baby blue panda which may darken as it grows, but it was hiding right down inside the ADA granules....would have missed it if it didn't move.

Now its living on my IAL that is in the box, I can see it picking over the leaf for biofilm.

Keep those in your tank as the babies seem to love to snack on them more so than on baby shrimp food.

Keep the pictures coming as it grows.
Right on for you..they grow everyday so it is easy to spot now. I see groups on almond leaves or in the feeder bowl. When the adults eat they spree out so much crumbs that the young ones forage on that too. Thank you. GOOD NEWS!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts