The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've had my tank for about two years now and never really took my plants seriously. After seeing a few beautiful planted tanks I've changed my mind. I recently added a pressurized CO2 system and have started researching ferts and placement. I've found this to be very intimidating and I'm not even sure where to begin. As of right now I cannot even tell you what plants I have in my tank, but I'm more than willing to start from scratch.

A bit of info about the tank right now. My lighting is 4 watts per gallon and I'm running 30ppm of CO2. I've been using seachem flourish as a fert. For fish I have three Jullii Cory's, four golden barbs, two electric blue rams and three tiny oto's.

Any advice would greatly appreciated! I'd love to get this tank looking good.

Thank you!

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's really not hard....... Basically find a picture of a planted tank you'd like yours to look like & go from there. If you don't want to do that, just get planting plants you like. You can always move them & change it up, it's not carved in stone........ As for the CO2, I don't use it on my 30g...... All I have is a shop light with 2 48" T8 lights over my tank. I use Flourish Comprehensive Supplement & Excel for my plants....... Also, my Substrate is Flourite which is for Planted Tanks. Everything is fine. You just need to jump in & make it happen. Good luck....... Lesley

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.