The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a serious planted tank newbie hoping for some help in identifying three types of plants. I've been looking at the plant profiles on this site, but I think it's best that I get confirmation from the experts here! Here are pictures I've uploaded of the three types of plants:

In the first picture, I'm guessing maybe Hornwort or Carolina Fanwort judging by what I've seen in the plant profiles, but I'm not sure. If it helps the ID, this plant has little "threads" hanging from it in some areas (long and straight, different from the leaves).

In the second pic, I'm looking for an ID on the plant furthest to the right (not counting the reflection in the glass). Is that Anacharis?

And in the third pic, it's the plant with the leaves in front of the rock decoration towards the back. I have no idea what this one might be.

Any and all help is very much appreciated!

·
Registered
652 Posts
The correct answers were already given.
Not necessarily, i own quite a bit of Cabomba caroliniana , and the leaves that the OP has are quite a bit more similar to that of Limnophila sessiliflora, and take note of the stem of her plant as well, not quite cabomba.

Plus its never to late for second opinions. and thats what i was giving.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Then i apologize if i am wrong then. Looks more like the Limnophila i have since it is fluffier and the leaves are more closely backed so to speak. Could also be the way it is grown though.
Guess i need my glasses again!

Thanks for correcting me.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thanks i have just heard that they are very fragile and tend to be grown out of the water.
And i have SAEs that like to tear around the tank. haha

Anyways i should let this thread go as the question was answered.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.