The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another newbie here. ;) I just jumped in and started posting without introducing myself, but I did fill out my profile page pretty thoroughly.:proud::icon_lol: I love it here! Lots of great info ... loads of great plants in the Swap N Shop forum ... honestly nice people ... I'm having a blast! :biggrin:

But I'm having a bit of difficulty following some of the discussions because I'm not familiar with the terms. Some of them I've figured out with searches and such, but some I haven't. Is there an online "glossary" of sorts for the planted aquarium hobby? Something that will list what KNO3 stands for, what a power head is exactly and what's a "street" as it pertains to layouts? If not, can us newbies list some words here so y'all can "define" them for us?

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
KNO3 = potassium nitrate
KHPO4 = potassium monohydrogen phosphate
TMG = Tropica Master Grow
powerhead = pumps water
RAOK = Random Act of Kindness

Street = ?! Never heard of that term.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
We always try to help here. Well, mostly ;) anyway.

What I always remark when someone says "If it was a snake---" is that "I bet if it had been a snake you would have noticed it :hihi: ! " ("Look! Back behind the pickles!" on searching for something in the fridge.)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :hihi: Yep, Cindy, I bet I sure would have then! LOL! I don't know why I didn't see it. In the other forums I've been reading through these past weeks I read the stickies first. I have no idea why I didn't in here. *sigh*:icon_roll

Thanks again.:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts