The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another newbie here. ;) I just jumped in and started posting without introducing myself, but I did fill out my profile page pretty thoroughly.:proud::icon_lol: I love it here! Lots of great info ... loads of great plants in the Swap N Shop forum ... honestly nice people ... I'm having a blast! :biggrin:

But I'm having a bit of difficulty following some of the discussions because I'm not familiar with the terms. Some of them I've figured out with searches and such, but some I haven't. Is there an online "glossary" of sorts for the planted aquarium hobby? Something that will list what KNO3 stands for, what a power head is exactly and what's a "street" as it pertains to layouts? If not, can us newbies list some words here so y'all can "define" them for us?

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
KNO3 = potassium nitrate
KHPO4 = potassium monohydrogen phosphate
TMG = Tropica Master Grow
powerhead = pumps water
RAOK = Random Act of Kindness

Street = ?! Never heard of that term.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Streets. I believe is in reference to the lines of plants in dutch style aquascaping. For example the Anubias in this picture or some of the other stems. From above you would see a line of plants similar to a street... Thats the only meaning that word has for me. This is in contrast to bushes or bunches.

http://www.paluzee.nl/album/albums/keuring 2006/2reeuwijk02.jpg

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
We always try to help here. Well, mostly ;) anyway.

What I always remark when someone says "If it was a snake---" is that "I bet if it had been a snake you would have noticed it :hihi: ! " ("Look! Back behind the pickles!" on searching for something in the fridge.)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :hihi: Yep, Cindy, I bet I sure would have then! LOL! I don't know why I didn't see it. In the other forums I've been reading through these past weeks I read the stickies first. I have no idea why I didn't in here. *sigh*:icon_roll

Thanks again.:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.