The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up a 30 gallon tank and am looking for suggestions and possible plants for sale. I am putting together an AHS 2x36 watt light fixture. ph is at 6.6-6.8. Temp at 78 degrees. Will be using DIY CO2, till I save up enough for automatic system, hopefully within 6-8 weeks. Any suggestions for that would be great also, I have never used CO2 before so I have been reading up on it here.

By the way this site has been great, when I was in high school 12 years ago I had tanks everywhere (totally low tech, 2.5-40 gallon). Didn't have time in college so gave away everything except this tank. This site has got me excited now that I have my own home with a 900 square foot basement I am finishing. Hoping to do two large tanks down there (75-125 gallon), but have decided to set up my 30 gallon in my living room to get me started again while the construction continues.

Again thanks in advance. Also I am new at this site so bear with me responding.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
I'll be doing a trim this weekend and I always end up with lots of Rotala. You could have it plus some Java Windelov baby plants for the cost of shipping. I could use the PTrader points. Let me know...

[EDIT]I just re-read your post. I assumed since you were setting up new you'd want some nutrient sucking stem plants to help establish, so I offered the Rotala. If that wasn't your intent, you can disregard.[/EDIT]

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
By the way this site has been great, when I was in high school 12 years ago I had tanks everywhere (totally low tech, 2.5-40 gallon). Didn't have time in college so gave away everything except this tank. This site has got me excited now that I have my own home with a 900 square foot basement I am finishing. Hoping to do two large tanks down there (75-125 gallon), but have decided to set up my 30 gallon in my living room to get me started again while the construction continues.
900ft basement? I bet you will sooner or later turn that into a fish room... Or regret you didn't :hihi: :hihi:

-Andrew

Oh, and I'm in HS myself!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pweifan,

That would be great, thank you. Just let me know what I need to do, I use Paypal.

-Gina-

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Plants came and they were great thank you

Just finished putting together my AHS light when they got here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts