The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few small tanks sitting around that I was wondering if I could try Killifish in. I have a 2gal with a Nano Rocket filter used to house a Betta at one time. I have a 5gal or two that I raised Betta fry in.

I really like the Killifish, but wasn't sure if they could live in pairs in something that small. I have never tried any egg layers much except for Betta's and my accidental explosion of Convicts in a 20 long. LOL :tongue: I would love to try something new in this area of aquatics. I love live plants and want to use them with a new experience.

SUGGESTIONS? Anything dwarfy, pretty and easy? Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I have been surfing Aquabid. Lol

Must all the plants be live? I have several background plants that I used before. And could a few Celestial Pearl Danios go in there until they possibly spawn? Or...would it be better to place them in a fry tank to spawn then move them back to the 5gal after?

Thx again!

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
A pair will do fine in a 2.5 gal. Most Killie keepers I know keep them in a bare tank with just a spawning mop or peat if they are peat spawners.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I might have to try these guys. They are gorgeous. Now to find a nice pair to start with. Our stores don't have much out of the norm.

Congratz on your quick breeding. Good luck with the babies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.