The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New to the board.
Bit of background. Before I went into Veterinary nursing (which is more geared towards mammals), I was a huge exotic animal enthusiast.
I had about 15 tanks, even a 120 gallon planted tank and fish, reptiles and amphibians galore (I just have mastiffs now!:icon_wink)
Anyhoo....
I've been out of the midst of exotics for about 7 years and I just came into possession of a 40 gallon tank and a filter with a lid. That's all.
I have a particular fondness for frogs, salamanders and newts but I would love to have some kuhli loaches as well....has anyone had success with a semi-aquatic aquarium with amphibious reptiles and algae eaters or small, interesting species of fish? I'd ideally love a giant pleco (I loove plecos), but I don't see how I could effectively give a pleco enough room to swim freely and provide a comfortable environment for firebellies etc.
I'm thinking I'd like to undertake a semi-aquatic aquarium with emergent structures.
Any thoughts, people?
Nice to meet you! :biggrin:

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...
I've just got a couple of little barbs and a cory and I'm working on getting the tank established. I'll only get a little pleco...I promise. ;)
They've outlawed my favorite species of salamander here, which is awful.
But frogs next week.
Thanks again!

Lx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.