The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!
I am converting a 90 gallon from Salt to Fresh Planted. I have a lot to learn and have questions.
I have a coralife compac unit with 2 250 MH, Actinics and Moon lights. I paid dearly for this unit and it fantastic for growing coral. I have read that MH is ideal for the planted tank and am considering selling it and going over to LED. I'd like thougts on that. I know about the energy savings for the LED but can't seem to sell this unit.
I have a 9.5 mag pump that pumps 950 gph and am concerned that this may be to much flow.
I have not decided which type of Fishes I want as of yet but am leaning toward a community type multiple species versus chiclids and don't know much about discus. The nearest LFS to me that deals Fresh is about an hours drive...I would love to get some input before I go any further with this setup. I have ordered about 75 lbs of Flourite Black Sand. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your input. Could you post a better image of the Spray Bar ? PS I love the driftwood. Did you collect it your self?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'll try to get a better picture when I get home from work later. It's just some PVC elbows, pipe and caps. with holes drilled in the pipe about every inch and half. I removed the the elbow from the return pipe, added a T, and ran pipe out either side. 2 elbows on either side of the overflow, the 2 elbows allow me to twist the pipe back flush to the glass, just below the water surface.

the wood is Mopani? I think from one of the local chain pet stores. reasonable price for the 3 pieces. Had I found this site before purchasing it, I would have bought some Manzanita from PlantBrain in the SnS. He has some gorgeous pieces that I would love to have. Check out his thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts