The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've recently switched to live plants in my 20 gallon. It's low light with Eco Complete substrate. Moderately planted with some Anubis, Amazon Swords, Java moss, and some other typical low maintenance plants. The tank is divided and I have one male betta in each side. That's where I'm concerned actually. Given the low fish load I'm afraid the plants won't get what they need from fish waste alone. So I have a few questions about fertilizing.

1. Would the method described here be ok? http://www.sudeepmandal.com/hobbies/...nk-guide/#fish
"1/4 Teaspoon of Seachem Equilibrium (for traces and Calcium + Magnesium). (1.42 ppm Ca, 0.42 ppm Mg, 3.43 ppm K and 0.02 ppm Fe) 1/8 Teaspoon of KNO3 (Potassium Nitrate) (5.27 ppm NO3 and 3.32 ppm K) 1/32 Teaspoon of KH2PO4 (Potassium Mono Phosphate) (1.61 ppm PO4 and 0.66 ppm K)"

2. What would a good water change schedule look like with that routine? I'm very paranoid about accumulating fertilizers killing my fish.

3. Do I need to worry about the nutrients in my tap water at all? I use prime as a water conditioner.
Thanks for the help!

4. If the above route is overkill, what do you suggest? I don't super fast growth, but I'd like to see some growth and obviously make sure the plants are ok.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts