The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a book recommendation for a newbie. I have a successful reef system so I know the basics of aquariums but very little about planted tanks.
Thanks in advance
David

·
Super Moderator
11,987 Posts
For more "inspirational" books, Amano's "Nature Aquarium World" series (books 1-3) are also excellent.

As for Diana Walstad's book, I also +1 it. It may not be for everyone, as it reads like a textbook, but it is an excellent source of information.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
+2 on Ecology of the Planted Aquarium and +1 on it being "a little chewy" to read but very good information.

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
Ecology of the Planted Aquarium is one of my favorite books out there, but yeah, it does read like a textbook. It's one of those books in which you can learn something new every time you reread it.

Kasselmann's two books (Aquarium Plants and Planted Aquariums) are both good reads too. The Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants (by Peter Hiscock) is an excellent beginners book and has all the info you need to start up.

And like Darkblade said, Takashi Amano's Nature Aquarium World books are the best inspirational books for aquascaping, if you can find them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts