The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my note.

My family and I are toying with the idea of setting up a River Tank Ecosystem, such as this one from Carolina Biological - Item # 161536 (sorry I can't put a link in, their site is carolina dot com). After taking a look at the setup and then reading that you still have to purchase plants and animals, and finally looking at the costs involved from that end, I was wondering if one might be able to create one themselves.

I was curious if anyone had setup their own river tank and if anyone knew of a good guide, How To, or Step By Step site which would possibly be of help in getting us going. I would greatly welcome any websites which may be able to offer information and guidance.

We are hoping to have either a 20 gallon or 29/30 Gallon depending on what costs are involved.

Thank you very much for your time and Happy New Year -

Mike

·
Registered
371 Posts
fishbreath made his/her own backgrounds here with lots of photos. His/her tanks are filled completely with water but the background is still good.

As for the plants and the fish, they seem way overpriced on that site. Search for threads about ripariums/pauldariums for plant and filtration ideas.

(The carolina product is not a technical riparium but you may still find plants that you can include in your setup.)

The footprint of a 20 gal long is the same as a 29 gal. With the 29 gal, you'll have about 6 more inches in height and you'll be able to create more vertical/tiered "land mass".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.