The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I understand that Ph and KH and Co2 are all related and affect each other but then how do I stabalize all three plus fertz? For example my Ph and KH are fine but if I wanted to add Co2 they would change. How are ou suppose to get everything just right if somethings always changing?!?!:confused:

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
pH, KH and CO2 ppm are interrelated, but the only two of those that need to be controlled are the KH and the CO2 ppm. The pH will be whatever it is, and won't be a concern anyway. However, you can't use that relationship to determine how much CO2 you are using. The relationship is only accurate for pure water containing only carbonates and CO2 that affect the pH. Aquarium water almost never is that pure.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Remember, the fewer things you try to control, the easier it is, and the less likely you are to shock the fish and plants with sudden changes in parameters. If your KH is at least 1 dKH you don't need to do any adjusting of it. That leaves just CO2 to be controlled, which is necessary anyway to be sure to have enough for the plants, but not too much for the fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.