The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site and have been reading a lot. Great site and very helpful. I'm looking for a new regulator and or possibly whole system. It's been about five years since I tried working with Co2 in my 55gallon tank. I recently just had my 25lbs Co2 tank tested and filled. When I went to hook up my "red sea pro system" the regulator wouldn't shut off. I'm assuming this is a basic cheap plastic setup and I'm not happy with it. Any advice, guidance, tips etc from professionals would be greatly appreciated. The set I have came with a regulator, solenoid, bubble counter, needle valve and diffuser 500. I'd be willing to upgrade the whole system if necessary. Just not sure where to start.

-My aquarium is a freshwater 55gallon
48length 12.5width 18.5height
-Fluval 305 filter (eventually would like to replace for Eheim)
-Eheim 200w heater
-Substrate Fluorite
-Coralife Ballister Lighting 6500K two bulbs
-Amazon sword, Java fern and Madagascar plants
-three African puffer fish, some tetras, two red tail sharks and two dwarf frogs

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Is the bubble gum machine in the bottom for when you need a break and have to think about it, LOL

My grands would love it.

Me being a newbie as well I don't have much to offer in the way of advice for your CO2, there will be others coming along shortly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you

Is the bubble gum machine in the bottom for when you need a break and have to think about it, LOL

My grands would love it.

Me being a newbie as well I don't have much to offer in the way of advice for your CO2, there will be others coming along shortly

Something to chew on while I ponder what to play with in there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you planing on redoing the tank and adding more demanding plants? I ask this because the plants you currently have will grow fine without co2 injection.
Yes I would love to. I went with some easy stuff for now knowing my Co2 wasn't ready. I dream of a tank like I see people have on here. Little by little. The more I learn the better it'll get I'm sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not sure how to troubleshoot your regulator issue. Possibly just the solenoid that didn't want to close or something else. However, there's a site that is currently selling a dual stage regulator at reasonable price. The link is "here. And I believe you could use the rest of the kit according to each functions.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts