The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks alot I have 3 shrimp all bought as algae shrimp. They seem to be thriving, but have concerns about diet or providing enough food. Also I have a 30 gallon and would like to eventually add more shrimp. What others would be compatible. Is it possible to buy more than 3 in the tank? They have been with me for 6 weeks

Attachments

·
Banned
943 Posts
Amano shrimps! 30g is more then enough and they should be fine. They also eat biofilm which you cant see. Just throw in some shrimp food or algea discs once in a while and they should be fine.

You can also pretty much keep any other type of shrimp with them. They are not aggressive.

PS that first one looks like its saddled. At next molt you will see its carrying eggs. Though unfortunately they wont survive (the babies) without brackish water.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amano shrimps! 30g is more then enough and they should be fine. They also eat biofilm which you cant see. Just throw in some shrimp food or algea discs once in a while and they should be fine.

You can also pretty much keep any other type of shrimp with them. They are not aggressive.

PS that first one looks like its saddled. At next molt you will see its carrying eggs. Though unfortunately they wont survive (the babies) without brackish water.
Awesome just wanted some clarification. Thank u very much. So amanos do get quite large is it 2 inches?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.