The Planted Tank Forum banner

New World 90gal Low Tech- a Pictoral Journey! 11/11- planned teardown!

122792 1059
Well, the time has FINALLY come, I start the final setup tonight, and hope to start planting by this weekend. I started working on this tank back in January, believe it or not- and it has become quite a project! This is going to be a VERY abbreviated pictoral journal- if you want to read through the whole thing, see the link in my Sig. There will be lots of posts at first to bring it all up to speed...

I started this with a $500 budget, and so Tank #1 was a major fixer-upper:

After some time, lots of elbow grease (involving vinegar, CLR and acetone), removing the background and refinishing the canopy and stand, I ended up with this:

Which I then promptly sold!!! Honestly, I only broke even on the deal, but I learned so much reasearching in the meantime that I was able to replace what I had with better equipment for about the same money.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,279 Posts
Well looking at it i think it looks more prominent because the bottom is black from the shadow. i will keep in mind that there will be plants going in front of it.

· Registered
1,279 Posts
So give us some pictures. We know that it sounds like something goods happening but how do we know that it's still pea soup and your just saying that to get these people off your back. Huh, how do we?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.