The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got two identical topfin 55 gallon starter kits, (got a good deal), and we're trying to find glass hoods that fit well. We've seen a ton of complaints online about even their own brand not fitting well, and we had the same problem with a topfin 29 kit my boyfriend recently purchased. He wound up having Glass cut for that tank, but we'd like to avoid that, if we can. Anyone have similar problems and know an easy out? Other than custom glass cuts, ideally.

·
Registered
13,143 Posts
We just got two identical topfin 55 gallon starter kits, (got a good deal), and we're trying to find glass hoods that fit well. We've seen a ton of complaints online about even their own brand not fitting well, and we had the same problem with a topfin 29 kit my boyfriend recently purchased. He wound up having Glass cut for that tank, but we'd like to avoid that, if we can. Anyone have similar problems and know an easy out? Other than custom glass cuts, ideally.
IF I remember correctly there are 2 common 55gal glass toppers.
And the dimensions are only slightly different.

23 3/16 is how wide mine are and the opening is 23 1/4..
Depth doesn't matter much since you have the plastic cut-able piece in back.
My panels are 3" (handle side) and 6 1/16.
As you can see it is different than the current 55gal top
They used to have 2 24" models. Maybe they learned and shortened the one 24"
Don't believe they make mine anymore..

This one is slightly narrower at 23.07"..... 23 1/16
and tempered glass to boot.. Aqueons are not tempered.. I know :(

• Please measure your Tank opening to the closest millimeter before purchasing!
    [*]Dimensions: 23.07 x 11.69 x 0.16in (58.6 x 23.2 x 0.4cm)

Reactions: deeda
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.