The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..
sorry if this has been asked before but I’m new to all this. I have just hard scaped the tank ready to fill with water. My question is, before I introduce the plants do I have to have heat the water and have the filter working or can I do that a few days after I have planted?

·
Registered
16 Posts
You should be fine just introducing the plants in before getting a heater. I wouldn't say you need a working filter asap, however it does help to at least have an air stone in there imo. I've been going overboard purchasing plants (that don't need to me in substrate) and have them chucked into a bucket with a water, a bubbler and light and they've been doing fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be fine just introducing the plants in before getting a heater. I wouldn't say you need a working filter asap, however it does help to at least have an air stone in there imo. I've been going overboard purchasing plants (that don't need to me in substrate) and have them chucked into a bucket with a water, a bubbler and light and they've been doing fine.
Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.