The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow hobbyists/aquarists. This is my first post here and I just set up my new 30 gallon long yesterday so the timing works out well. The system includes a Tetra HOB 3-stage filter, 200W submersible heater and a 96W 50/50 PC light. The substrate is 1.5" Eco-complete underneath about 1" of natural river bed gravel. The rock caves are natural stone collected in Frederick, MD. I have a piece of local driftwood curing and hope to add that soon. All plants are artificial silk for now. Once I decide on inhabitants (leaning towards a Cichlid tank with some "Kribs") I may change to live plants. The ease of maintenance with the silk plants is very nice though. Here are a few pics... Comments welcomed!

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well... the layout with the fake plants isn't so bad. Now, if you could get similar live plants and put them in place, I think it'd be a nice tank. And then the expensive Eco-complete won't be going to waste. ;)

Welcome anyway, hope you give real plants a try soon. A low-tech tank has the whole ease of maintenance thing going for it, and hey, you'll feel a lot more accomplished! Can't beat that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.