The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey new here,and fairly new to planted tanks about a 6 months or so.i have a 60g planted 48' footprint.i have a pair of spawning rams,white cloud minnows,tetras and the cleanup crew.i have recently added diy co2 and i have 160 watts total on the tank.1 flora-glo 67000k,1 power-glo 18000k,and two aquarium lights from the home depot.i have regular gravel sub with seachem tabs placed in the sub every 7 in ches or so.i add seachem flourish every week two capfuls.i would like some advice on different aquascaping.will it hurt my plants to be moved at this point?thanks.

·
Registered
888 Posts
:eek5: Beautiful.:proud:
Would I rescape the tank if I were you? Never.:icon_mrgr I'll drool forever on that tank.:hihi:
:icon_mrgr

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
i have recently added diy co2 and i have 160 watts total on the tank.1 flora-glo 67000k,1 power-glo 18000k,and two aquarium lights from the home depot.i have regular gravel sub with seachem tabs placed in the sub every 7 in ches or so.i add seachem flourish every week two capfuls
I like your approach. Very very nice tank. But I am wondering about the 18000K powerglo.

If your worried about rescaping why don't you try rescaping a small portion of the tank as an experiment? Although with the growth you have now I don't think you'll have to many problems if you went with a more extensive rescape.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for being so generous guys.the only scape that i really dont like is the reds in the middle.crypt wendtii and the ludwigia.the crypt is so rooted i think i would have a hard time getting it out,any techniques??the background will soon come off to be painted black.will any plants i trim down lets say 2-4 inches grow back with the same tops on them??thanks.what about the powerglo ed??

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
WElcome to PT

there is alot of friendly people here mostly everyone hmm i like the idea of a forest but thats me if you need any plants check our Swap n Sell

Good plants there for low price

1 - 6 of 6 Posts